It’s hard to know what to anticipate for 2013, considering it’s only just started. The next year is, as of this moment, a blank canvas, and we are all artists trying to decide what it is our painting/year look like (even though, in reality, we don’t have much say as to how the year will turn out in the grand scheme of things). While we may still not know what to expect overall, there are a couple of things we already know to look forward to.
Here are seven things to anticipate for 2013.
1. Funny ladies assemble! For once, people are more excited about the Golden Globes than they are for the Academy Awards. While the Oscars roped in Seth MacFarlane for hosting duties this year, the Globes have ensured us a fabulous viewing experience by double teaming comedians Tina Fey and Amy Poehler as duo hosts. While the Globes are really just the poor man’s Oscars, at least we know this year they’ll be worth the watch.
2. Stephen King’s back at it. King is set to release two new books this upcoming year. We’ll get the book Joyland in late June, and Doctor Sleep (King’s much anticipated sequel to The Shining) in mid-September.
3. Films are gonna be good. While we will still be getting plenty of groan worthy movies (seriously? Smurfs 2?), there are so many amazing films coming out this year that it’s hard not to be excited. This year we’ll be getting Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Star Trek Into Darkness, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Man of Steal, World War Z, Monster’s University, and that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
4. Television’s not looking too bad either. Going hand-in-hand with good movies coming out, we’ve got quite a lot of good television to look forward to. We’ll be seeing the long awaited returns of such beloved shows as Luther, Game of Thrones, and Community, as well as the continuation of more exciting Doctor Who adventures. We’ll also have to say goodbye to Breaking Bad and hello to Girl Meets World in the same year.
5. The Fiscal Cliff. So, maybe this isn’t something to look forward to so much as a reminder that it’s gonna happen and we should probably all be prepared… Yay?
6. Star watching. For any astronomy buffs out there, looks like you’ll have the chance to pull out those binoculars of yours for several different nighttime occasions this upcoming year.
7. The Return of Arrested Development. Oh Bluth family, we have missed you most of all.